Activity Risk Statement
All participants will be required to follow the Paradox Sports’ policies and procedures and will be required to sign a Participant Assumption of Risks, Acknowledgment of Inherent Risks and Indemnity Agreement before or upon their arrival. Please review and sign the trip waiver at bottom of the page at www.paradoxsports.org/trips/yosemite
The programs we offer are adventurous and exhilarating outdoor activities that have inherent subjective and objective hazards and risks. Natural and man-made elements and equipment variables are inherent risks of participation. Incidents with these factors can result in serious or fatal injury.
As a participant, it is also important that you take responsibility for your own experience, as well as the experience of others.
Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions
- I acknowledge that participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for my transportation to/from the event.
- I acknowledge that assistants and/or family members accompanying me, will be registered as a volunteer for the event at the full registration rate.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Paradox Sports activity risk statement above.
- I acknowledge that I have medical clearance to participate in this climbing program.
- I acknowledge the prerequisites including recommended fitness and climbing level.
- I acknowledge that minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- I acknowledge that in the event Paradox Sports is not able to accommodate my needs for any reason, I will receive a refund the registration fee in full.
- I acknowledge and agree to the Paradox Sports Cancellation Policy:
• If you cancel 2 weeks or more before the event, you will receive a full refund of your registration fees unless costs were incurred by Paradox Sports; in that case, we may retain 10% of your registration fee.
• If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the event and we cannot fill your spot, you will be charged 50% of the registration fee.
• If you cancel without notice (no-show) your registration fee is non-refundable and we will retain the full fee.
• For cancellations due to emergency situations and special cases, please contact us to discuss options. We will work with you for the best solution.
I have read, understand, and agree to the above terms and conditions: